Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mom....How many more days???







All Cooper and Wyatt can think about is Christmas. All I can think about is am I going to get it all done in time? Will they be happy? Will it feel special for them? I don't remember ever having a disappointing Christmas growing up. Some how my family pulled it off. Whether I was a young kid playing or a teenager laying around watching football it was all great. It was simple. Those were the days. I didn't have to cook or clean up. My Grandma, Mom and Aunt always did. The kitchen was so small. I don't know how they did it! We had all kinds of snacks and cookies and a full dinner and different pies for dessert!!! One big picture perfect christmas! In my head I try to duplicate that, but it is a lot of work. If the boys could just settle down a bit and stop teasing and fighting and if the dog would just stop chewing up remote controls and toys. Maybe I could keep my head from exploding and finish this seasonal project!!!! Can you say "Spa day in January!"



Saved from the dumpster from my Grandma's house were these Christmas candles. She always had them on the kitchen window sill. I've got them on a cake plate with some epsom salt snow. I cover them with the cake dome but I am going to search for a cloche for next year. They are in the hallway and they make me smile when I walk by.


Max has his Christmas concert tonight. He is very excited. Working in Wyatt's class tomorrow. Christmas tree this weekend and keeping my fingers crossed to get a good pic of this family so that I can get my holiday cards out. We didn't send any last year so it really needs to happen this year.


R


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about 'they made it look so easy'. I don't have kids of my own, but I still try to find gifts for everyone that will mean something. I know that there have been years that Mom was not quite as happy with her purchases, only because she had to settle for something less than she wanted, but really I can't remember a year that I wasn't happy, nor can I think of a year that I didn't get what I wanted (within reason - no horse/pony does not count!). I think you succeed every year in a very Merry Christmas, whether you realize it or not. Like I just said about Mom not always being happy... it ends up just great!
Would love a spa day... ;o)
Grandma's candles look great! I'm glad you are using them, and I can still see them every year.
Would love to see a little video of Max's concert, and hoping to hear a Christmas song from him this year, while I'm there.
Love ya!
Nik

rocky said...

Love your comment Nik...but do you not have a google account...Bucket!

Anonymous said...

May 18, 2179


what will happen that day???????

reset camera my darling wife!
Love,
Barry