Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally a diagosis!

I went to the foot Doc yesterday and finally found out why I am in such pain in my right foot.
My big toe and top of foot has been giving me trouble. At first there was the can of spaghetti "O"s. Which actually fell on a different part of my foot but I wanted to believe that it was the problem. So 13 years ago most of you know I was in a car accident. I hurt my back and my foot but my foot really didn't bother me and it was mostly my toe and I knew that they do not tend to do anything with those so I focused on my back. Big mistake. It seems that I fractured it at the joint! The joint has completely deteriated. It is grinding against bone and I have also grown bone spurs. The damage is ireversable. So now what do I do. I am going to have orthotics made hoping to relieve the pressure on the joint. Hopefully, this will make day to day living less painful. If not they can go in and "clean up" the joint, maybe inject some of my platelets in there. If or when I have used that option up they can fuse it. Then I will lose the mobility in the joint. Now a part of me knows that people live with much more devastating situations. I mostly am just kicking myself for not having it xrayed at the time. Let this be a lesson. No matter how you get hurt or how slight you may think it is you best get it checked out. And another thing, if your doctor doesn't give you a good explanation about your pain, keep bugging him/her or go see someone else. I spent the whole summer dealing with this. I thought I was losing my mind!

On an extreme up note. I am meeting my Tri-Cities pals for dinner and drink tonight! I can't hang for long as Barry is going to work tomorrow.
Turkey day is almost here. The kids are already off! Made cranberries today.

A shout out to Auntie Carol........It's not bunions that make people disply voilent behavior it is deteriated joints grinding against bone!!! I can't believe we couldn't self diagnose that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly! I know the foot thing is bad/depressing, but you do what you gotta do to survive (I did therapy b4 my back surgery until I knew it wasn't working). Looking forward to T-Day... can't wait to see all of you. More important have a good time tonite with your girlies!!!
Love ya-n-stuff
Niki

Kelly said...

:( And, here I was whining about muscle tension. So sorry, Rocky! I hope you can find some resolution to reduce your pain very soon!