Sunday, July 10, 2011

When I close my eyes I see weeds

We have been super busy around here. The weed population got way out of control very quickly with the nice weather we have been having. So I feel like that is all I have been doing. Barry has been busy with projects. Yesterday he widened the gravel driveway and added new gravel. It looks nice. Now I see I need to trim the bushes in front. That's the way it is. One project leads to another.
We have a broody hen. She keeps laying on the other hens eggs. Sometimes breaking them. We have been trying to break her of the intuition. They say to dunk her in cold water or isolate her. We have tried both and neither has worked so far. So we have to check the nest boxes often and retrieve the eggs as soon as they are layed.
Cooper and Wyatt got their haircuts! This was Wyatts first time having in cut by a professional. Much to my relief. I loved his long hair but now he looks like a little boy. I need to get a pic to post.
With the new chicken pen we will be getting more chickens. Cooper is very excited. I just need to decide what age would be good for us. Now that one of ours is broody and not laying, I may need to get one or two of laying age and then 2 that are teenagers.
I have a riding lesson this afternoon. Looking forward to that. Barry is back to work on the night shift tomorrow. We have enjoyed a staycation this last week.

No comments: