Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

We had a very nice holiday here.  Family came and shared the day with us.  We ate and drank and played games.  Hot tubbing and relaxing.  Stayed put and enjoyed.   There was a few melt downs.  Wyatt is such a Christmas fanatic.  He talks about it all year long.  In his wonderful little mind he truly thinks it is a magical time.  So he had some moments of disappointment.  It is hard.  As parents we try out best within our means to create a fabulous time for our kids.  He is really good about talking about the true meaning of the holiday so I know he gets it.  But this was his year I guess for a little reality to set in.  Soooooo.........anyway....Christmas eve's potato bar was a half a success.  I don't think I liked the potatoes cooked in the slow cooker.  It really simplified the day but I think potatoes are better in the oven or even microwave.  The lasagne's were very good and with a nice fresh green salad it was a nice way to finish off the day.  Garry and Susan gave the boys a bingo set.  We had a bunch of fun playing.

We spent the week between Christmas and New Years slowly putting decorations away and the boys played with all their new video games and toys.  Barry and Max went hunting a few times.We had no plans for New Year eve which is the way I like it.  Friday while Barry and Max were hunting, Coop, Wy and I headed to the club for some swimming.  It always feels so good to get back there.  It wasn't over crowded and the two boys had fun swimming again.  Saturday was a beautiful sunny day here.  Wy got new rollerblades for Christmas so he and I headed out in the cul de sac to practice.  Max and neighbor Caleb joined us and soon after Cooper came out.  We have a park very close by that recently added some nice winding paths around some ponds with ducks and geese so we jumped in the car and headed down there.  Nice park!  Embarrassing that I haven't taken my kids down there before.  We had fun in the sun but at the very end Wyatt clipped me and I went down.  Right on my wrist.  I did my best to hide the pain because I really didn't want Wy to feel bad.  He was so sorry and I felt bad for him.  We headed home and my wrist was swelling.  My foot situation has really made me realize that if you get hurt, have it checked out.  I don't want to have surgery on something 15 years later to try to correct something.  Had an x-ray and luckily nothing is broken.  A bad sprain though.  So my wrist is in a splint for a week to 10 days.  A bit of a set back.  Not the way to have a fresh start to a new year! 

So the kids are back to school today.  We didn't practice any school work but did a lot of reading with the boys.  I am going to try and have a better outlook on Wy's kindergarten class.  His teacher is officially back and she has a fantastic reputation so I need to see how the rest of the year goes.  I am going to SHAKE OFF that unsettled feeling.   On to bigger and better things!!!

R

No comments: