Thursday, August 19, 2010

This and That



Frustrated!













Ahhh! Much better!

My husband takes good care of me! Sometimes. Beer and Tequila!
That will fix me!
Foot is getting better everyday. I can't wait to get back in a routine.
Beginning of summer I really thought that we weren't going to get much out of the garden. Onions, tomatoes, carrots and basil have done pretty well.
I made a batch of pesto and froze some. Started drying tomatoes in the dehydrator for winter pizzas. Getting ready to harvast the carrots. I will freeze those as well as some chopped onion. We did get a Foodsaver. Man, it rocks!!!!!!
The boys have their last swimming lesson today. Both Max and Coop advanced a level. They feel great about that.
Wyatt quit lessons. I couldn't believe the tantrum he had in the pool. "I don't want swimming lessons!!!!!!" I thought it was Max or Cooper. Usually, I can get him to calm down and reason a little but he was having none of it. My foot is not ready to get in the pool with 20 kids swimming around so Wyatt is getting out of it. For now.
Chickens are just a couple of weeks away from laying. We have some work to do on the coop. Need to change a few roosting boards and get the nesting boxes ready. We can't wait. After hearing about the egg recall I am excited to know where our eggs come from.
Wyatt is counting the days until his birthday. So hard for a 4 year old to watch his 2 brothers have their birthdays and he has to wait. He cries so hard and walks up to his room and hides under his covers. Poor little guy. It is getting closer Wyatt!
The temp is going to be perfect for awhile. The pool is nice too! A little under two weeks until school so I want to just enjoy the rest of our time. Some things will have to wait.
I am feeling so unsettled about the state of this country's economy. Feeling guilty about some of this families excess. I want to work harder at making do with what we have. To a point :)
All for now! Thanks for checking my blog!

No comments: