Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween and a yard sale treasure











We had a fun halloween with Auntie, Auntie Carol! Barry ordered us some masks and we made full use of them!
Thanks for visiting Carol!!!!!
So I went to a yard sale on Friday! This saddle was there and I talked the gal down to $40.00! It was a mess but it cleaned up really nicely. The gal is a western/rodeo rider who bought it because she wanted to try english and quickly decided it was not for her. It was years ago and the saddle has been just sitting. I wish I would have taken a before picture. So it didn't come with a girth and the whole thing is stiff as a board. So I am going to watch ebay for a girth and I do not know if I like the stirrup leathers it came with. They are nylon lined so really thick I don't know how comfortable it will be. Then I need to hope that it fits Nici and that it is comfortable for her. Oh, and I need another saddle pad too :) If everything falls in to place it should be a nice saddle to hack around in. If it doesn't work out I will just craig list it and start over. But it really looks pretty.
I got on line yesterday and printed out some simple instructions for the saddle rack. It is small so you can put it in your "suv/van". Barry grabbed the plans went to Home Depot and got wood from the "scrap area". He said he spent $1.50 on wood!!! He was on it and finished everything in the morning! I love it!
We got a fabulous call from our friends Trish and Andrew. They were driving home from Milton Freewater yesterday and stopped by. We had a great visit. The boys loved showing them the chickens and bunnies. The visit was too short.
Well I am off to buy Max another pair of shoes. He wore out the pair he got at the beginning of the school year all ready!!!
This week I have to go in for a "deep cleaning" below the gum line kind of thing. I can't beleive it! And then Thursday is another physical therapy session. The kids have no school on Thursday which I think bites!
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Hi!! WOW, that saddle looks beautiful! Not that I know a lot about saddles, but it sure is pretty! I hope it works out. Also love those husbands that love to build things!!
Hope you guys are good!

Anonymous said...

Your saddle looks beautiful! Did a great job with cleaning. Good luck finding a girth etc. Way to go Barry!! Great job,