Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday

We had a productive weekend. My mom was here. Max had a couple of friends over on Friday and one spent the night. Then in the morning me and mom went to an antique fair. It was a little disappointing. But it was nice to get a way. Barry and I made it to the sausage festival. Had some beer and wine and watched traditional German dancing. Lots of fun.
Sunday Barry was back to work and we decided to paint the living room. We got the whole room done. It looks great! Now I want to do the dining room/playroom area. It wasn't without its set backs though. I moved most everything to the middle of the room while we were painting. Unfortunetly, I was coming down off of a chair and put my foot and all my weight into a box of kids books and fell back on to the arm of the sofa and then down to the floor WITH a full tray of paint in my hand. I wish I could tell you that I had put a cover cloth on all of the furniture. So I was in a panic to get all of that cleaned up. The damage is pretty minimal. But I landed on that couch arm right on the side of my rib cage. I can barely move. I am really not in good shape today and will be very challenged to get my stuff done. So I learned a big lesson yesterday. But one thing is for sure. I am no longer considering that we do the entry way ourselves. That would be a huge fall and from the top of the stairs. Yikes.
I hope you all have a great week. I am getting off to a slow start.

No comments: