Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!

Wow, am I ever glad it is Friday. What a week. We had received a letter from the school principal saying that they were over crowded in grades 2 and 3. There solution was to have a combo 2/3 class for accelerated readers. If your child was reading in the 4th grade level you had an option to move him to the accelerated class. Well, Max is reading 5 - 6 grade level so I felt somewhat obligated to send in the form. After talking to some neighbors it seemed that they really wanted just 4th grade level so that the teacher would not have to adjust the curriculum. Then surprise! Max was asked to move. He went to the follow up day and when he got off the bus he was very, very upset! This was on Wednesday. He was crying so hard. He just wanted to be back in his old class. So I began this time consuming appeal to have him moved back. What a big pain in the ass! I will not bore everyone with every step. But I will say that the principal had to make sure that we understood that we just can't be moving from one class to another yada yada yada! So finally, today at the end of the day he was told that he would be going back to original placement. The principal also had to admit that Max is reading above the spectrum he had given the new class so he would be o.k. to go to his original teacher.
Max is so much happier and once again looking forward to being back with his teacher. To top it all off I woke up on Thursday with the worst sinus infection/headache ever! Then the initial dose of antibiotic made me feel sick to my stomach. I still have the worst headache ever and I am hoping by tomorrow it will be gone.
I managed to get the back yard mowed (Barry is still gone). Hoping to do the front tomorrow. I would let it go but I seriously am walking out this door on Monday and Tuesday and getting caught up on sleep in the trailer and quiet time for me. I love my boys....but they have really taken a chunk out of my head this week! Not intentional. But with the sinus problem every noise they make is just piercing my head :(
So it is Friday. The front door is open and all kinds of kids are coming and going. I saw the most heart warming sight today. After Max got home from school 2 Horner boys came down and then all the kids were off to the Horners for a little while. There was a big line of boys going down the street. At the end of the line was Coop and Wyatt holding hands! The two little ones that gave each other so many new bruises today. Awsome brotherly love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will be home tomorrow night. thanks god i got out of texas when i did. looks like ike is kicking some texas butt. i miss you guys, and look forward to taking care of "our" monsters the rest of the week. love, barry

Carol Gellner said...

Wow! Rocky!! I even stayed home from work Friday with the worst allegies/cold symptoms but... did not have three sons to take care of me... (ha ha ha) er.. I mean take care of!! Hope your trailer time comes soon. Lv, C

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Carol!
You got me chuckling!
Rocky