Friday, September 19, 2008

Not much, just a few things

We have a lot to do this morning. It's grocery day. I am armed with a list. I am hoping to be able to stick to it.
Barry took Max to soccer last night and then to open house at his school. I chose to stay home. I have been to his class already but I do feel guilty for not going. It is just 750 students and their parents and other siblings all at the school at the same time!!!! Gee, I don't know why I didn't want to take Coop and Wyatt. :) I stayed home and worked in the yard after it cooled off and the boys played with chalk in the driveway. Courtesy of Aunt Elaine and Uncle Carey. Total fun.
The downside is that the grasses at the soccer field do crazy things to Barry and Wyatt's allergies. So Barry came home and could barely breath. He is off to see Dr. Whitson today. Speaking of Dr. Whitson. If you all remember, last week I had to take all 3 boys to the doctors for my sinus trouble. Needless to say, they were loud and showing off the whole time the doctor was in the room. I had to go back to see the doctor this week for another blood pressure check. When he walked in he said "Where are the boys?" I said "There dad has them. Did they leave a mark in your mind when they were here the other day?" and he said "Let's just say that if I ever needed my building demolished, I know who to call." I wasn't offended. He raised 3 boys in his first "life" and now has a young girl. He knows what it is all about. He joked that valium is a good babysitter. Bring it on!!!!
My mom is coming so we have some things planned. She and I are going to the antique fair at the fairgrounds. I haven't gone in about 10 years so I am really looking forward to that. Saturday afternoon around 3:00 Mom is going to watch the boys and Barry and I are going to the Sausage Festival at Christ the King Church. We are going to be in the beer garden listening to the Umpa band or whatever they are called and drinking some german beer. Home in time for dinner as Barry is back to work on Sunday early.
Max is having his buddy Caleb spend the night tonight and we are going to make homemade pizza on the grill. Sounds like this may be the end of summer. It is going to drastically cool down starting tomorrow.
Time is ticking. We hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: