Sunday, February 8, 2009

Possessed!

I decided to paint the masterbath yesterday. I started the night before with prepping the room and then started again at 8:30 yesterday. IT TOOK ALL DAY! Why I thought to do it while Barry was at work. O.K. I actually do know why :) The boys were kind of left on their own downstairs. I would pop down for more paint and just close my eyes at the mess they had created. I would just tell myself that it could all be picked up at the end of the day and remained calm and focused on my project. The boys did farely well. I have to say there was actually very little fighting and Max actually stepped up and entertained to keep the peace. Color antique verde. I started painting and you could see every roll mark and brush stroke I did. I realized that it indeed was going to take two coats. Not a problem but I had popped off the night before stating that " I should be able to finish the job in one day". I could not be proved wrong. The second coat looks great. I have some touch ups today. But it is done. I was possessed all day and exuasted by the end. Running up to paint. Running down to check on the boys. Yikes!
I am not painting again anytime soon.
I reconnected with a friend of mine who moved to Australia around the same time Barry and I moved here. It is so exciting to here what she has been doing. It all seems so adventerous.
Big night tonight it is a red carpet and Grammy night. My favorite new artist Adele is up for 4 Grammys. I will be rooting for her but she is up against some very popular artist.
And a note for you people with kids. We purchased Madagascar 2. We found it very entertaining and fun. We had rented Space Chimps the night before and that was not as good as we thought it would be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rocky.
Well aren't you the ambitious one with all this painting going on! Good for you-I bet it looks wonderful.
Garry said you changed your email address. Could you send me an email and I'll update my address book. I have a new blog that I think you will love and want to send you the link.
Hugs to the boys!
Grandma G.