Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Consumer rage!

I WAS the proud owner of the Reynolds Vacuum Freezer Storage Kit. Since we are in the middle of harvest season, I have been to every store near me looking for the freezer bags which go to the system. Finally, went to the official web site. They have DISCONTINUED this item! It was not able to generate enough interest. Ugh! Now I am left with a sucking unit and no bags. I tried the Ziploc varity bag. It worked but the Ziploc bag's seal did not remain closed and air leaks in. This unit has solved many of potential arguments as you see I (apparently) don't get enough air out of bags before I freeze them. So I am back to the beginning. Do I just bust the bank and get a real Food Saver!

1 comment:

Jamie S said...

We have a foodsaver and it's nice. You could borrow ours if you like and try it out. Or I looked on ebay and found this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reynolds-Handi-Vac-Vacuum-Storage-Bags-2-BOX-COMBO_W0QQitemZ280379428837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4147ea8fe5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Good luck Rocky!