Friday, December 11, 2009

Barry's knee

We are feeling a touch relieved today after yesterdays scare. Barry has been having pain in his calf muscle. More painful then his knee. I was out running errands and he called and told me he was at the hospital and that they were concerned he had a blood clot. They did an ultrasound and found no blood clot. But he is still experiencing discomfort. I was so unbelievibly frightened. I wanted to be at the hospital but I had kids to pick up from school and by the time I had gathered them he was on his way home. He has an appointment with the Dr. today and hopefully they can help him so we can relax about the blood clot thing. It was an emotional day.
This week has been different in that Barry has been home a lot. He worked for 4 days so he could have rest time and then work a quick 2 and be off again. I actually got invited to 2 holiday get togethers. I was planning on not going to either because what kind of wife leaves her husband at home with 3 boys after he has had surgery? But Barry was very insistent that I go. I had dinner with some lovely ladies on tuesday at Tony Romas and last night went to a neighbors for a cookie and ornament exchange. It was HUGE and I felt very much out of my element. I am pretty sure I was the oldest one there and after my emotional day I was pooped!
So my boys are telling me "no more friends for you" and "no more fun for you" Which I am o.k. with. I will have my fun at home with them.

No comments: