Monday, September 27, 2010

Henrietta is a layer!






Wyatt's chicken Henrietta has layed two eggs! Hers are starting out a good size. So we are getting a whopping 2 eggs a day now. B.B. had a good size one on Saturday and when we put in in our burger meat it turned out to be a double yoke! It is such a simple thing that is giving us such entertainment. Cooper is playing the waiting game still with Foxy Brown. I hope she hurries up! The other two pullets are some kind of mix of who knows what. Have no idea when they will lay.
I am making a batch of Joe's Special tonight for dinner! Eggs, beef, garlic, onions,mushrooms, fresh spinach! Yum!
Wyatt has a doctors appointment. I am hoping he will give us a referral for an allergist. His skin is in a constant state of a rash. Which he says doesn't bother him unless I try to put lotion or cortisone cream on it. It makes me sad to look at. Plus I don't want people to think that we don't care. Poor kid. I took a look at his vaccination card and I fear he needs a chicken pox shot booster. Yuck!
Also, we are back to fearing the dreaded hair trim. He cries when I comb it and I try to explain to him it would be easier if it was shorter and that it wouldn't hurt. Whatever!
Coop is really having an up and down start at school. He dreads Mondays. He finally opened up that it is his P.E. day and that they have to do a lot of running. Well this really is hard for him with his extreme flat feet. His right foot actually caves inward. We have a referral for the Podiatrist. Hopefully this will help him. But until then I sent his P.E. teacher an email to which I haven't heard back. You would think as a teacher you would check your emails first thing in the a.m. for any concerns parents may have and give them some kind of answer back. I don't know...I am just saying.
O.K. so I have a list of phone calls to make today and it is after lunch already and have only made a few.
Insurance company tops the list and then a couple of 4-H leaders to see if I can find a good match for the boys.

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Love the picture of the nest - how pretty! The dinner sounded yummy.

It is not too much to expect a phone call or email from the teacher... hope they do that soon!

Hope Max is better and no one else gets it!

P.S. The BEST BEST dr. in Tri-Cities is Dr. Bennedict if you need to try someone new. He is a family practice doc and is phenonminal!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Henrietta. Wyatt must be proud. Go Foxy, catch up.
Mom