Saturday, September 25, 2010

What we are reading



We set out to read three Hank the Cow Dog books and two Pippi Longstocking for our summer reading. Our reading time is right before bed and we managed to accomplish our goal. Although I can't find the first Hank book we read. It is buried in the house somewhere! We all really enjoyed the books. It is a little past summer but we didn't really start until the end of June. So I am cutting us some slack. Wyatt got a "Pillow Pet" for his birthday. He really likes it! Thank you Mom.
It is Saturday and we are up to a lot today. Max got invited to go to Pullman with a friend to the Cougar football game. Great opportunity for him and he was very excited.
I am going to go ride this morning but first I am going to make some ham and eggs. We have 3 fresh eggs. They arel pretty small. Still only one hen laying. Come on Chickens!!!!

Barry and Cooper and Wyatt are going to start harvesting pumpkins. It is always fun to see how many of them are actually hiding under all those vines.
If Max gets home at a good time we will head to Prosser for the Night Glow at the Balloon festival. A full day for us. !

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Sounds fun! How many pumpkins did you get? I wonder if any of the pumpkins I planted at the house made it? Have you met them yet?

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Wyatt, is hilarious! The frog looks bigger than him.:o)
Love & miss you all,
Niki

rocky said...

So far the count on the pumpkins is 45 ish and still the far pumpkin patch to go! Jen, I still haven't walked back there to say hi. Should I peer over the fence and check for your pumpkins? :o
I am sure at this point they wouldn't expect anything less from us. We are so loud!!!!!!!!
We may be decreasing your properties rent value!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Wyatt that frog is huge. Hope you love it. Happy you got it so soon.
Great books.
Wish I was closer. I didn't plant pumpkins this year. Will have to buy.
Love, Gramma Bean/Mom