Friday, May 23, 2008

Coop's last day



We had a great time at Cooper's picnic for his last day of school. Here he is with Mrs. Wegener. She was Max's teacher also. So it was fun telling her that we would see her in a year and half or so for Wyatt's turn. Just then Wyatt ran up to Cooper and starting pulling on his hair. Really hard! I said " well maybe that is not such a great thing for you". "We will work on the hair pulling thing". Then Coop said" I have a wart on my foot". With that we decided to move on and have our snack on our blanket. Poor Mrs. Wegener!

My Grumps had an appointment today to review his recent scan. We found out that he has cancer in his liver, lungs and multiple places in his chest. He started with prostate cancer and it spread to his bladder. He has had treatments all along. He has decided to not have chemo. It would not cure his cancer only keep it controlled. I am going to go to Seattle on Tuesday evening and spend a couple days. I am looking forward to having some meaningful time with my grandparents. Since I have had the boys, it has been hard to sit and focus on just them when we are in town. I am filled with sadness that my grandfather will have to endure such pain. He has been a hard working, honest, family man. Devoting himself to all of us. But there is a part of me that knows that he will be taken care of. I know that a person that has lived this way will be blessed. I also know that I have always tried to be honest with him. So he knows that I have nothing but respect and love for him. I would never be prepared for what is going to happen. I can only do my best.

I love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Jamie S said...

Oh Rocky, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Your post made me teary.
If you need anything or if you need help with the boys while you are away don't hesitate to call. I will be praying for your Grandpa and that you have a safe trip.

Carol Gellner said...

Hi Rocky: I know you are in Seattle now visiting your dear Grandpa. Barry has often told me what a great person your Grandpa is. Thank you for sharing your feelings through your blog. "Hang in there."

Love, Auntie-Auntie Carol