Friday, May 30, 2008

rosebush



Well, I am back home. I have so much running through my head that I don't know where to start. Here is a pic of the rosebush on the front of the house. It is a vibrant red and so full of blooms this year.

I had a good trip to Seattle. When I got into town late tuesday and saw Grandpa he was not having a good day. He very sick to his stomach. The phone tag with the doctors office was too much to bare. They needed to call in some anti nausea/vomit prescription. Even by the end of the day it still wasn't done. He had not eaten and was very weak. It became evident that an aggressive push for hospice to be set up needed to happen...quickly. Part of the problem is that Grandma and Grandpa do not communicate with the doctor very well. So the doctor doesn't think they are having any problems. They are too proud to talk about it. So by 1:00 pm Wednesday the prescription was finally called in. I was disgusted with how long it took. I picked up the meds and took them down to him. I swear by 3:00 he had so much color back in his face. I don't know if he was just having a good day or the meds were helping. I was just glad that he was feeling better. He even went outside to watch Scott mow the lawn! I spent the afternoon trying to help Grandma with some things around the house. I had great chats with them and got to share with Grandpa my favorite memory of him and I blackberry picking up at the lake when I was very young. I was able to leave feeling good about the situation there. As I was driving home the hospice people were there and Scott and Aunt Bess were able to be there too. So things are in place for when he starts not feeling well again. O.K. enough about that.

I regret being convinced to cancel the cleaning gal for yesterday. Now I am faced with dirty floors and toilets. Yuck. A run to Costco for dog food. A run to Walmart. All with kids. Max gets out early and no doubt will want to have a play date. Barry finished the raised beds in the garden. What I really would like to be doing is outside planting some seeds. And weeding. On a good note, the weather is going to be in the 80's all weekend so I should be able to get out soon.

Many thanks to Joanie and Scott for their hospitality. I had a great time staying with them. It was wonderful being able to spend time with Jacob and Ava without my kids needing my attention. They are so much more quiet then these boys of ours. We had lunch with Ava at a friends restaurant and she was so good!

Hailey dog missed me. When I got home and started unloading she jumped in the car and wouldn't get out. Love her!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

Jamie S said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip and it sounds like a nice time with your Grandpa.
Hospice is such an amazing group of people. I'm glad your Grandpa is getting enrolled with them. They will get him anything he needs and do it quickly which is a huge relief.