Monday, May 19, 2008

Cottonwood trees!

Sorry to all the faithful who check in to see what is new here. I haven't felt much like being on the computer. The weather is finally turning nice and so I have been able to get outside more. It has been a week since I last posted. We have almost hit 100 degrees. I love the heat. It takes some getting used to when it first hits. I told myself during the summers that I was pregnant and disgusted with the heat that I would enjoy it again.... someday. Although, not as much as in my youth but I still like it!
The pumpkin starts are in the ground. Barry had seeds from last years crop so he started those indoors and we also bought some new ones which we direct sowed. I am just about done planting the vegetable seeds. Still have the peas to go in and I would like to grow some lettuce which I still need to buy some seed for. I am looking for some cedar mulch, ground cover stuff. Shavings of sort. I don't want bark! I need to get the permanent paths covered before the weeds start growing. The scarlet runner beans are up. They were seeds saved from last year also.
We had a busy weekend. Max had two birthday parties on Saturday. Barry invited his buds from work over for beer can chicken and roasted asparagus. He was back to work on Sunday.
The cottonwood trees are spewing their venom all over the place. I am on Clariton and still having trouble. It not only gives me typical allergy symptoms but bums me out too. It doesn't help that I am still on antibiotics. I am just hoping that the broncitis doesn't come back.
This is a hard week. Barry will work his 3 days and then on his 3 days off will be in Skamania for a work seminar thing and then home in time to go back to work. We will need to work on getting the lawn mowed somewhere in there. Seems TruGreen over fertilized and we can almost see it growing.
We really need to spruce up this house. The walls are marked up and dingy and just need to be painted. The only part I don't want to do is the entryway. With the high ceiling I think it would just be easier to have someone else do it. Barry and I don't do projects like that very well and with our 10 year anniversary coming.... lets just leave it to the professionals. :)
That said, I have called 5 painting contractors and no one has called back.
Wyatt likes to try and play video games. He doesn't really play but sits there and stares at them and occasionally hits a button which makes something happen and then he starts screaming for someone to come fix it for him. Honestly, this starts at 6:00 a.m. Today I had to turn the games off and just listen to him cry.
Coop is trying to play with Wyatt more. He is learning how to be a big brother. When it works it is so nice around here. His last days of school are this week. I have got to sign these kids up for swimming lessons or they are going to kill each other.
Max is really growing up. . He is getting an attitude that school is almost over and that he shouldn't have to do much more. He also showed me how he is able to point at things with his middle finger. He knows that it is a bad thing but I don't think he knows why. A day after our discussion he thought when he got mad at me that he would show me the gesture :o
I was shocked, disturbed and really didn't think we would be going through this yet. The "tween"years!
I found a new magazine that I just love. It is called MaryJane's Farm. I loved it! Old time projects, environmentally friendly living, gardening and homesteading info. She has a web site. www.maryjanesfarm.com . The boards have great advice from real women who are trying to retain some old fashion lifestyles.
Quick note. Grandpa started radiation therepy. He is really nautious though. Not from radiation, from something else. So he has to have a scan of his organs to make sure something else isn't going on.
Wow, that is all for now. Teach me to wait so long to write. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Jamie S said...

Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about your grandpa and wondering how he was doing.
Holy cow you've been busy in your garden! I'm impressed!
Talk to you soon!