Friday, July 11, 2008

Vacation over!

Well, considering everything we DID have a nice vacation. We saw friends and actually both sides of the cousins. The Gellners of Tacoma were camping at Lake Easton. So we stopped by for a couple hours on our way home from Seattle. Grandma Susan and Grandpa Garry were there too! The boys got to be in the kayaks and the best part was watching Max with Spencer and Ruby in a big inner tube on the lake. I remember spending a lot of time on Lake Tapps trying to dump my brother off of a rocking inner tube. Walking the logs. It was such a healthy, happy time. We hope that we will be able to meet up with Spenc, Ruby, Sue and Bryan in the future for some fun.
I walked to Target yesterday! I have been stress eating. For awhile now. But yesterday I decided to walk instead. There was a sale on some blow up adult sitting chairs for the pool and I WANTED one. But, when I got there they were all sold out! A bummer. But I walked through the orchard and it felt great.
This morning Max wanted to go to Denny's. We had been delaying this breakfast and since it was our official last day of vacation we went. The boys did great. Wyatt still needs some work on eating out. But, I cancelled out that walk I took yesterday. :)
On the way home, we went to the local farmers market. I had not been to the new one yet and I am so glad we took the time to go. There was a natural beef dude there and so I picked up a pound of hamburger for us and some dog bones for Hailey. I would like to consider buying some beef for the freezer so we are going to look in to that. Hormone and chemical free. Thats for me!
So then there were sno cones and a trip to the moving store to help with our transition with Barry being gone tonight. Oh, and of course kettle corn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rock, I believe you went to the MOVIE store not the moving store... unless there's something you haven't told me. :)
Nik

Carol Gellner said...

What moving store? Where? Can I go too when we have our annual Labor Day weekend?