Tuesday, December 23, 2008

If I don't have it now.....

I don't NEED it! I went out this morning to get just a few more things. Walmart was very, very busy. I can not imagine what it will be like tomorrow. I picked up a Bing Crosby 2 disc set White Christmas which includes my favorite holiday movie Holiday Inn! I am going to get some things done and then curl up with a cup of Jamies Hot Chocolate recipe (with a drop of whiskey in it). :0

I have finally settled on a menu for the holidays:
Christmas Eve it will be Italian shredded beef sandwiches. It cooks in the crock pot all day and then we will have leftovers for the freezer for next weekend. Lots of snacks and dips!
Christmas night Susan is bringing yummy scalloped potatoes with ham. I am making a festive salad from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and my Aunt Bess's Green bean casserole (no soup involved!)

Next weekend it will be Lasagne. And for the next morning "Brad Pitt's Mom's Breakfast Casserole". It's a tradition!

For dips a hot crab dip and a blue cheese and mascarpone cheese spread that is amazing with apples!

Tonight I must wrap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad Pitt mom's casserole!!?? Now I really can't wait to get there! I've been thinking of the bleu cheese dip, and we're getting the casserole too! Yummy is right!
See ya Saturday.
Nik

Doug and Pam said...

Rocky, I'm trying to following Barry's blog as well as yours but can't add it to my list??? Any help??? Hope you are follwing ours, miss you guys
Pam