Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What a mess!

Yesterday at about 4:30 I went out to play fetch with Hailey. I realized that I forgot to put the ribbon on the wreath at the back door. So I tried to just attach it while it was on the house. Then I realized that I needed to get it down. When I stepped off the step I twisted my ankle. It sounded awful. My ankle instantly swelled to a golf ball! Thankfully, the boys were such a big help and I put it up with ice. When Barry got home I was off to the hospital for x-rays. Thankfully, nothing broken but I am in an ankle splint. For two weeks! At least they said. How embarrassing!

The real news this morning is while I was dealing with my ankle, my Grandma had fallen down in her kitchen. Thankfully, my Mom had tried to call her and couldn't get a hold of her and went to check on her. She found her on the floor. She is in the hospital with a broken hip. She will spend 4 days there and then she will go to a rehabilitation center. After that she will have to go to a assisted living place. Her money is all tied up in property so I fear where she will end up.
Please say a prayer for my Grandma.

Well, if that isn't a big downer I don't know what is. Sorry!

I am going to try and keep my mind busy today with Xmas stuff! Cooper has school today.
I need to fix that wreath on the back door :)

2 comments:

Jamie S said...

Oh Rocky, I'm so sorry for everything! I'll call you!

Carol Gellner said...

Hey Rocky! Thanks for the updates but.... take care of that ankle! Get well wishes to Grandma and to you.