Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globes

I actually got to watch most of the Golden Globes last night. I really enjoy red carpet events. Barry made meatloaf and I made mashed potatoes. We kept it simple. Our buddy Tanner came over and played with the boys. Wyatt just loves that guy. It is rare for us to see one of our boys enjoy someone as much as Wyatt digs Tanner. He actually will sit with him and watch T.V. It's like I don't even exist! Our days with Tanner are numbered as he is moving to Fort Worth. It is a great move for him but we will miss him. This means I will have to help Barry put the pool up this year. UGH! That ought to be fun!
O.K. so we were able to get Max off to school. His cough is better but he still has it. I had to promise him I would come get him if it got worse at school. I took him to see the pediatric doctor that all of the boys see. He said Max's lungs, ears etc. all looked good and to just give him over the counter cough syrup. I said "is that really the best we can do" He said "oh yes, you don't want to give him anything stronger than that". Poor Max literally was constantly coughing ALL weekend. I talked to one of our neighbors and he said that his pediatric doctor doesn't hesitate to give his boys a prescription cough syrup to help them rest! Now I have to admit that I appreciate our doctor's conservatism that giving kids drugs when they don't need them is never a good idea. BUT, Max was really suffering and so was the rest of the family. I am thinking about just having one doctor for the whole family. I guess the only reason I keep them with their doctor is for well check ups. I am sure another office can do that. It is just so frustrating.
I best get off this computer. Barry just brought me a basket of laundry to fold.

No comments: