Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grandma

I haven't been calling my Grandma like I used to. It is harder to get a hold of her now. You have to call the main number and then transfer to the 4th floor and then they transfer the line to a portable phone and THEN they walk it over to her. Today, they told me she was "busy" in group and to call back. I had visions of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"! It is emotional for me. I have always been able to talk to my Grandma no matter the day or the time. To discuss my troubles, to tell her I miss her, she tells me her troubles. We laugh, gossip, complain about our husbands :) I have done this with her since I was little and sat at her table having tea with milk and sugar. Of course the husband part was just in the last 10 years. I miss those times of reading magazines and looking at catalogs together. She would always make me something to eat! Thus, why I eat when I am stressed! Thanks Grandma!
Hopefully, I can call her later and get a hold of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandma is fortunate to be so loved!
Susan.